Christine Rose Curry’s acrylic PAINTINGS and MURALS are created with vibrant colors, funky designs, and representational imagery. These elements interact with the viewer through visual narration, and storytelling. Her PAINTINGS typically incorporate dark humor, social, political ideas, and/or environmental extremes. Her most recent body of work, RuiNation, was exhibited at EDGE Gallery. RuiNation, features artworks made from plastic trash, and visual commentary, to display the hazards of single-use plastics, and their impact on the environment. While her paintings take a darker-side, she realizes that gas masks, skulls, politics, and dark humor aren’t for everyone’s living room. The majority of her MURALS are for the public to enjoy. This interaction inspires her to introduce a more light-hearted narration, along with blasts of color, to hopefully add some happiness to the world.
Public Murals and Art in Castle Rock:
Alleyway Mural, at Castle Rock Bike & Ski
Lobby Area & Restroom, at Crowfoot Valley Coffee
Colorado Flag & Music Stage, at Maddie’s Biergarten
Featured Artist, at Crowfoot Valley Coffee
Featured Artist, at Castle Rock Music
Artist in the Private Collection of Raising Cane’s, Caste Rock, exhibited in the Dining Area
All of Christine’s public murals have been mapped out, and their locations can be found on this link: wescover.com/creator/christine-rose-curry
Christine Rose Curry has a BFA with painting emphasis from the Metropolitan State University of Denver. Currently, she’s an Associate Member at EDGE Gallery, in the 40 West Arts District, and in the past, a Full Member at Zip37 Gallery, in the Navajo Arts District.
She grew up in Castle Rock. Today, her art studio is located in Louviers, where she resides with her husband and cats. Christine actively participates in gallery art shows, and art events. Please visit her social media sites to see current exhibitions.
Art Exhibitions (upcoming and past):
- July-August 2020: Featured Artist, at EDGE Gallery
- February 2020: Viva Casa Bonita, juried exhibition, at NEXT Gallery
- January 2020: EDGE 2020, member’s exhibition at, EDGE Gallery
- December 2019: Small Wonders, holiday art show at, EDGE Gallery
- July 2019: RuiNation, solo art show at, EDGE Gallery
- March 2019: Street Circus, 40west arts district exhibition, at EDGE Gallery
- January 2019: Retrospective, member’s exhibition, at EDGE Gallery
- December 2018: Small Wonders, Holiday Art Show, at EDGE Gallery
- October 2018: Closing Wake, member’s exhibition, at Zip37 Gallery
- April 2018: Denver 5280, member’s exhibition, at Zip37 Gallery
art by: Christine Rose Curry